Even though summer may be ending, it is still hot in Florida! No AC, or trying to save money on energy bills this summer? Even if you do have air conditioning, the Florida summers can get extremely hot. There are some ways to stay cool during the summer without spending a fortune on energy bills.
- Cool foods and drinks – ice pops, cold beverages, and things like ice cream help your body feel cool.
- Wear light clothing – both in thickness and color, light clothing helps you absorb less sunlight and feel cooler.
- Depending on the temperature, open the windows at night. Cooler air will circulate throughout the home. Close them in the morning to avoid letting in warmer air.
- Avoid using appliances. The oven or stove heats up the home while in use. Even small devices such as phones give off heat, even when not in use. Unplug appliances.
- Close the blinds or curtains to keep the house dark and cooler.
- If your bedroom is too warm, consider sleeping on the lowest floor of your house. Heat rises, so the ground floor or basement will be cooler than the upper levels.
- Taking a cold shower brings down your core body temperature and rinses off sweat.
There are many ways to stay naturally cool this summer. However, nothing can beat air conditioning on those hot, humid days. If your AC needs a tune up or you’re considering installing a HVAC system, call the professionals at Altman’s Cooling & Heating today at 321-300-1407!